Sign up now for Bozeman's Commute to Work Challenge May 6-15, 2013. Click here for details.
Local News Stories
May 1, 2013 Bozeman Daily Chronicle Commute Challenge article
Bike Walk Montana was established in 2012 as a state wide organization with a mission to make biking and walking safe and accessible for all. Click here to see their new website For more information contact Executive Director Melinda Barnes
TOP 10 CARPOOL TIPS
Get together for coffee, get to know each other and work out the rules
- Decide who's going to drive, what costs will be shared, where you will meet and how long you will wait for everyone to arrive.
- How often will you carpool - every day or once a week?
- How will carpoolers communicate when plans change?
- Will the driver be in control of the temperature?
- Will your carpool be "radio- on" or " radio- off"? Who chooses the station and volume?
- Will your carpool be chat time or quiet time? Will there be topics that are off limits, such as politics, religion or negative talk of others?
- Will smoking, eating or drinking be allowed?
- Will your carpool be scent free or is perfume, aftershave or hairspray ok?
- Does your carpool go from point A to B, or are side trips ok?
- Will carpool partners talk on their cell phones during the ride?
Why share a ride? Video courtesy of Duval Guillaume Modem of Creative Conspiracy.
This site available through a partnership between the Western Transportation Institute and the Human Resource Development Council District IX (HRDC) in Bozeman. Supported by funding from the Montana Department of Transportation and the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.